Skip to main content

Fair - Well!

Quitting your first Job can be as tedious as it is when you break up with your 1st Boyfriend/Girlfriend! (I don’t have an experience in the latter one though)

 
My 1st Job began with an expectation to soothe my Hyper Energy on spending my Dad's and Boyfriend's money! The moment my HR asked me, "What’s your expectation", I replied bluntly "Give me 20!". On being questioned, I said I need that Magical figure to go ahead and marry. He laughed! That’s how my journey began as a Mktg Executive.

All seemed to be interesting, within a week I had allowed the BIG GUYS IN MGMT to regret on my decision of taking up this Job. I couldn’t figure out if I belonged to the industry of Salon! I loved dressing up but selling the concept of Feeling Great or Good! Then realized its part of the job! Ignore it Girl (I formulated it after 6 months)

It was like "Devil wears Prada" scenario, minus the Devil! With a Happy Go Lucky Manager, I thoroughly enjoyed the luxuries which comes along with the Marketing profile. Visiting places like UB City and Central for meetings, every alternate day meeting Great Guys of well known Brands, what else could a girl ask for?

Hustle Bustle during the weekends, running around for execution of activities, banners, ads, sms.what not! My weekends never belonged to me, it was meant for those Managers who called me and said "The Standees are not standing!". Ya dude, I'll come and hold it up for u??(Mann ki awaaz).

Being patient is what the job taught me. 70% of the calls were with issues for which I did not have an answer, cant say that to the caller, so go ahead give a logical reason why I need to get back later with the solution.(I managed it all time).

Rapport, THE MANTRA, BLUNDER is what I say. Its difficult to pretend to have  rapport with colleagues(But few manage it effortlessly). But my company allowed me to build a rapport with everyone. Loved it, I knew everyone personally.(Exceptions are always there) But who cares, you love them and they make you feel important!(Just like the 1st love)

For a Freak like me, the company was served on a golden platter! I was blessed with a Qrtrly party at office where I used to get completely sloshed!!(Thanks to my then Boyfriend who religiously dropped me home Safely!) We believed, WORK HARD, PARTY HARDER!!

Got Money, Fame and the Limelight I always look for in the Company. 300 people know who I AM! Pride, Honor, Dignity, Promotion, Recognition..Granted in 1 Go!
 Life moves on, People move on. I was also not spared of the Farewell Parties..few with Joy few with Sorrow and regret! I always wondered WHY, WHY a FUSS on quitting a job??? MOVE ON! Said Easy than Done. I had seen my Husband in a dilemma when he moved out of his 1st Job (Will miss IT stuff!) I wondered if I will ever consider it emotionally.

As we mature in life, we tend to grow greedy. "doorada betta nunnage". Look for greener pastures, similar to "Who moved my cheese", difference:  My cheese wasn’t moved, my eyesight failed to see it!

20 months journey began as Mktg Executive, moved on to be an Asst Mktg Manager to Business Manager : Beautiful. I always wanted to exit when I am in the peak of my career, people will remember for your Rise and not a Downfall (I had seen few).

Right time, Right place, Right date. Doesn’t matter, what matters is you LEAVE IMPRESSIONS! I did it! I will miss what I received for 20 Months. But I am sure I will cherish them too :)

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Actually....

Its been a while since I started all over again on my prem kahani, however I still wish to pen it and publish the same some day. So all you guys who know will know the story below, memories are always cherished better when they are documented. "Ek Ladki thi deewani se, ek ladke pe woh marthi thi", very filmi but every girl dreams of having a love which resembles Yash Chopra movies for sure. I too dreamt, day and night, comparing every guy in the school and judging his qualities against the mushy romantic bollywood heroes. I even had a number of crushes, for a sole reason that either their hairstyle/life style/dressing sense/bike/accent matched one of the heroes. For example, a guy in 7th had Akshay Kumar looks so he was flirt worthy(Not that I flirted with him!!), a guy in High School resembled Vivan Bhatia and another one he wore glasses which Hrithik wore in Kaho naa pyar hai! But above a best friend is someone who you always look out for, So I too had one during my schoo...

Give it all

This post is very close to my heart. Initially I thought I should write about us, about women, about appreciating being a woman! However every time I post a pic or a staus, many like them, few comment on them and few even text me to say they are happy for me and  how perfect my life is. Well sorry to burst the bubble, my life has never been perfect. Yes, I have been on exotic holidays, moved abroad, dress up everyday as if I am will be walking on the ramp any moment. But, its not hunky dory life. Apart from my childhood, which I would say was no less than nightmares at times, it contributed to what I am today. No, I wouldn't discuss my trauma and attribute everything to it and cry my heart out. My hardship days as a kid was a reason I wanted to be a strong headed woman, yes I did attempt and I am still not sure if I ever could be tagged under that title. Before you start pitying, I should tell you guys that majority of my friends have been through a phase which would be term...

Dilli Dilwalon ki!

Well..This post was long due...I always had heard and believed that Dilli walahs are arrogant and proud as a Peacock! Probably because I loathe the fact that for every Delhite every south Indian is termed as a Madrasan! I had my first interaction with Delhi early last year. Thanks to my ex company..My 1st visit to Delhi, I anxiously wanted to explore the city, find out how people are, are they really Snobbish & arrogant? Thousand questions when you are travelling alone for the 1st time. I was excited, nervous and looking forward. Unfortunately my 1st visit dint allow me to even have a glimpse of Delhi and was spent in the boardroom..But made the visit memorable! I did make a fool of myself when I cried among the men as I was clueless about the happenings..Most embarrassing moment.. That short stay at Delhi, I was still trying to figure out what exactly people mean when they praise or abuse someone at the back. Just left confused. My recent few visits to Delhi ensured I ...