Skip to main content

Mumbai...The city I fell in love with!


Mumbai...Amchi Mumbai

The name is enough to make my day. It had always been my dream to visit this city one day and I got this opportunity only in 2013. A year back I landed in Mumbai and instantly I fell in love with the city. (P.S It felt that way at the airport and I was yet to step out to the city)

Few places emit this warmth when you land. (Unlike the warmth in Kolkata which is contributed by the temperature), Mumbai was one such place.

I couldn’t wait to explore the city and signed up for Mumbai Darshan the next day. The hustle bustle around you 
captivates you. I love the place when its buzzing with energy, and Mumbai tops the list. The icing on the cake was of course Salman’s residence but the cherry on top was the juhu beach.(Apart from the filth Vs cleanliness which Sea facing people argue, water makes me attain my inner peace).

The beach lets you be the kid again, while you run behind the golas/chuskas which are yumm flavored with Milkmaid. The hot vada pavs, and the buttery pav bhajis, the corn roasted on the charcoal or be the famous Mumbai kulfi wala with the tokri. You would go back to your childhood days of those local melas and the colorful things you get to shop around.

Of course I took the local train to live those #LocalTrainTales and see if women actually go through those entire epicness of conversation which they tweet about. Trust me you wouldnt be disappointed and would conclude that Marathi is well used when you are abusing someone.

Late night was meant to try the Necklace road and zip through those roads taking in everything the city has to offer. The pavement is free to sit down and watch the waves hit the shore and elude you to escape from the realities of life. 
Accompanying you always is the garam garam Channa, roasted peanuts or the tangy mangoes.

You never need a company to enjoy Mumbai, you can run through the flashback and fast forward of phases of life while you sit and watch people on the necklace road.

People of Mumbai never disappoint you. You can always find them full of life and thank your stars for their company (No I am not exaggerating; You have to experience to believe it). They do live their life to the fullest and are always welcoming.

I dont think any other place in the world can give me high the way Mumbai does. I have visited it only twice and the only city which made me give a thought of relocation.

So people who wants to feel the energy, warmth and affectionate in the air, need to visit Mumbai!

This post was actully written as an entry for a Contest happening at http://sankshvet.blogspot.in/2014/06/giveaway-bucket-list-of-traveloholic-by.html.  This made me write about Mumbai. I dont think there is any other city which I dream about over and over again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Actually....

Its been a while since I started all over again on my prem kahani, however I still wish to pen it and publish the same some day. So all you guys who know will know the story below, memories are always cherished better when they are documented. "Ek Ladki thi deewani se, ek ladke pe woh marthi thi", very filmi but every girl dreams of having a love which resembles Yash Chopra movies for sure. I too dreamt, day and night, comparing every guy in the school and judging his qualities against the mushy romantic bollywood heroes. I even had a number of crushes, for a sole reason that either their hairstyle/life style/dressing sense/bike/accent matched one of the heroes. For example, a guy in 7th had Akshay Kumar looks so he was flirt worthy(Not that I flirted with him!!), a guy in High School resembled Vivan Bhatia and another one he wore glasses which Hrithik wore in Kaho naa pyar hai! But above a best friend is someone who you always look out for, So I too had one during my schoo...

Give it all

This post is very close to my heart. Initially I thought I should write about us, about women, about appreciating being a woman! However every time I post a pic or a staus, many like them, few comment on them and few even text me to say they are happy for me and  how perfect my life is. Well sorry to burst the bubble, my life has never been perfect. Yes, I have been on exotic holidays, moved abroad, dress up everyday as if I am will be walking on the ramp any moment. But, its not hunky dory life. Apart from my childhood, which I would say was no less than nightmares at times, it contributed to what I am today. No, I wouldn't discuss my trauma and attribute everything to it and cry my heart out. My hardship days as a kid was a reason I wanted to be a strong headed woman, yes I did attempt and I am still not sure if I ever could be tagged under that title. Before you start pitying, I should tell you guys that majority of my friends have been through a phase which would be term...

Dilli Dilwalon ki!

Well..This post was long due...I always had heard and believed that Dilli walahs are arrogant and proud as a Peacock! Probably because I loathe the fact that for every Delhite every south Indian is termed as a Madrasan! I had my first interaction with Delhi early last year. Thanks to my ex company..My 1st visit to Delhi, I anxiously wanted to explore the city, find out how people are, are they really Snobbish & arrogant? Thousand questions when you are travelling alone for the 1st time. I was excited, nervous and looking forward. Unfortunately my 1st visit dint allow me to even have a glimpse of Delhi and was spent in the boardroom..But made the visit memorable! I did make a fool of myself when I cried among the men as I was clueless about the happenings..Most embarrassing moment.. That short stay at Delhi, I was still trying to figure out what exactly people mean when they praise or abuse someone at the back. Just left confused. My recent few visits to Delhi ensured I ...