Skip to main content

#52WOG ~ Gratitude to 3 people


This week it's about showing gratitude to 3 people. So let's begin the list: 

1. Maternal Grandpa: I have been seeing him in dreams for days now. The picture of him lying on bed with holes across his body to keep his cancer driven brains working over shadowed with the images of the Strict grandpa who drived me crazy. I can't thank him enough for being the person I was most cared of, or the person I loved the most! He brought me up with the most traditional values of love, relations and believing in fairy tales for life. He is the one who let me believe to be swept off my feet by a prince riding a horse & I was but in a black hero puch. He woke me at 6am sharp, water 10000 plant pots, boil the water for bathing with the fire logs and yet pray to God for being given things to live. I am just thankful to him for me the person I am, for I still believe in Happy Endings and there is more to life than just cribbing. 

2. BFF ~ Ashi! She doesn't read my blogs, but I am grateful for her existence in my life. 25yrs and still counting, takes all my rants, listens to every stupid deed of my life and yet makes me feel special and always ends the conversation with 'I am proud of you'. (P.S that leaves me content and smiling). We are definitely not the ones who talk everyday, but when we do talk we know the person's state with just the way they greet. The emotions we share are expressed in the words we choose to type in whatsapp rather than the emojis. That's how well we know each other. I am blessed to have you Ashima & yes I am proud of you more than you are of me.

3. Bee!!!! The universally known bee. We met through twitter and have long forgotten the conventional ways of meeting friends for life. I am not complaining, I crib to her everyday, I fight with her every week and yet we make up with just a liner. She is my walking talking black book.. My secrets, my dreams, my fears are etched in her ears because that's how much I chatter when I get the chance. 1000miles apart I can still drop everything in hand when I know she needs me and I am sure she will too. Thanks for being there through thicks thins and even those void moments. I love you and yes I love you more than you love me. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Actually....

Its been a while since I started all over again on my prem kahani, however I still wish to pen it and publish the same some day. So all you guys who know will know the story below, memories are always cherished better when they are documented. "Ek Ladki thi deewani se, ek ladke pe woh marthi thi", very filmi but every girl dreams of having a love which resembles Yash Chopra movies for sure. I too dreamt, day and night, comparing every guy in the school and judging his qualities against the mushy romantic bollywood heroes. I even had a number of crushes, for a sole reason that either their hairstyle/life style/dressing sense/bike/accent matched one of the heroes. For example, a guy in 7th had Akshay Kumar looks so he was flirt worthy(Not that I flirted with him!!), a guy in High School resembled Vivan Bhatia and another one he wore glasses which Hrithik wore in Kaho naa pyar hai! But above a best friend is someone who you always look out for, So I too had one during my schoo...

Give it all

This post is very close to my heart. Initially I thought I should write about us, about women, about appreciating being a woman! However every time I post a pic or a staus, many like them, few comment on them and few even text me to say they are happy for me and  how perfect my life is. Well sorry to burst the bubble, my life has never been perfect. Yes, I have been on exotic holidays, moved abroad, dress up everyday as if I am will be walking on the ramp any moment. But, its not hunky dory life. Apart from my childhood, which I would say was no less than nightmares at times, it contributed to what I am today. No, I wouldn't discuss my trauma and attribute everything to it and cry my heart out. My hardship days as a kid was a reason I wanted to be a strong headed woman, yes I did attempt and I am still not sure if I ever could be tagged under that title. Before you start pitying, I should tell you guys that majority of my friends have been through a phase which would be term...

Dilli Dilwalon ki!

Well..This post was long due...I always had heard and believed that Dilli walahs are arrogant and proud as a Peacock! Probably because I loathe the fact that for every Delhite every south Indian is termed as a Madrasan! I had my first interaction with Delhi early last year. Thanks to my ex company..My 1st visit to Delhi, I anxiously wanted to explore the city, find out how people are, are they really Snobbish & arrogant? Thousand questions when you are travelling alone for the 1st time. I was excited, nervous and looking forward. Unfortunately my 1st visit dint allow me to even have a glimpse of Delhi and was spent in the boardroom..But made the visit memorable! I did make a fool of myself when I cried among the men as I was clueless about the happenings..Most embarrassing moment.. That short stay at Delhi, I was still trying to figure out what exactly people mean when they praise or abuse someone at the back. Just left confused. My recent few visits to Delhi ensured I ...