Skip to main content

Work - O - Holic

Its 2 a.m, and here I am blogging after ages Currently at Work Place working with team. . Never ever thought I would be sacrificing my Beauty Sleep just to meet the deadlines.

Work for me had always been 10-6 job for the last 3 years. Over the few months, I realized it can be more than that, it is more than just your salary being credited to your account on 1st of every month. I always referred to people as Workaholic when they never answered calls during office hours or did answer calls at work post 7 pm.

Yes, they always say, Love your Job, not the company, You never know when the company might stop loving you. Have never been able to follow the same, I fall in love with the company and the people in the company. For a change I have realized what Loving your job means. Its the feeling when you do not crib when
1) You have to reply to mails from 6 am to Mid Night
2) You can never take Ad Hoc leave
3) You never realize when the clock strikes 8 pm everyday while you sit and stare at system analyzing numbers
4)Your Monday dreams are dedicated to your Boss & deadlines
5) Your colleagues's CTC doesn't disturb you &
6) You still smile when someone asks you about your job irrespective of the above points.

Currently I am going through the above phase and happy to be in. Its a way out to know yourself better among worldly pleasures and gains. Its during these times when you indulge in what you love and be happy about introspection.

Its not always about the package, the position, the Grade, its just about loving what you do and being paid for the same!

Nope, In-spite of this I do not call myself Workaholic..I am just someone who still looks forward for the Drunk weekends, laughter with Family, Movie to gossip about on Fridays but also someone who do not complain about Monday blues!

What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Actually....

Its been a while since I started all over again on my prem kahani, however I still wish to pen it and publish the same some day. So all you guys who know will know the story below, memories are always cherished better when they are documented. "Ek Ladki thi deewani se, ek ladke pe woh marthi thi", very filmi but every girl dreams of having a love which resembles Yash Chopra movies for sure. I too dreamt, day and night, comparing every guy in the school and judging his qualities against the mushy romantic bollywood heroes. I even had a number of crushes, for a sole reason that either their hairstyle/life style/dressing sense/bike/accent matched one of the heroes. For example, a guy in 7th had Akshay Kumar looks so he was flirt worthy(Not that I flirted with him!!), a guy in High School resembled Vivan Bhatia and another one he wore glasses which Hrithik wore in Kaho naa pyar hai! But above a best friend is someone who you always look out for, So I too had one during my schoo

Floating Thoughts...

There are many instances which we want to revisit in Life. We do that by recalling memories, the same instances brings smile, tears & a satisfaction over what you have lived. In the journey of life, you make acquaintances, friendship, relationship, love, commitment & sacrifices, need not be in the same order though. But being an Arian, I always cherish the "Me" time, time with self. Introspection, just to ponder over thoughts which has been disturbing for a while. I have always been termed as selfish, I accept it with arrogance. Aren't we all the same. We need right people at the right time. I call few when I am low, whom I might never call to share the greatest joy (For joy we just look to the person next to us because no one regrets being a part of it). I do the same. On every yearly occasion, like New Year, Birthdays, Valentines Day, Anniversary I look back over the past and wonder how I have improved. Have I learnt the lesson of being dependent on people

Give it all

This post is very close to my heart. Initially I thought I should write about us, about women, about appreciating being a woman! However every time I post a pic or a staus, many like them, few comment on them and few even text me to say they are happy for me and  how perfect my life is. Well sorry to burst the bubble, my life has never been perfect. Yes, I have been on exotic holidays, moved abroad, dress up everyday as if I am will be walking on the ramp any moment. But, its not hunky dory life. Apart from my childhood, which I would say was no less than nightmares at times, it contributed to what I am today. No, I wouldn't discuss my trauma and attribute everything to it and cry my heart out. My hardship days as a kid was a reason I wanted to be a strong headed woman, yes I did attempt and I am still not sure if I ever could be tagged under that title. Before you start pitying, I should tell you guys that majority of my friends have been through a phase which would be term