Skip to main content

Mannat.. Belief.. Gratitude .. Bajrangi Bhaijaan inspired!

I have been a typical Salman Khan fan. I can watch and vouch for all the nonsense movies he comes up with. 

Today it wasn't different when I stepped out with my 2.5yr old daughter to watch Bajrangi Bhaijaan. Both of us are on paracetamol for 3days now and running with 102 degrees fever, guess the Fan Thing started with me ecstatic every time I saw Salman on screen and now Sia can't hold back her excitement of watching him on screen. 

Past few weeks/months I am still trying to cope with changes in life, I draw support from family and friends whom I left behind 1000s of miles behind. These days I break down at a drop of a pin, I can't stop complaining about every small issue which also includes the unpredictable rain of Dublin! 

Bajrangi Bhaijaan just got me nostalgic of what mattered the most for me couple of years back. I could trade my whole happiness for the experience of motherhood. 

Married at 23, I wanted nothing but being a mother at 24. I have no subtle way to put across how torturous my obsession had been on my family and friends. My health refused to give up to my wish while I battled the agony of even spotting childrena' clothing line in a shopping mall. I could sob for hours at the mall, break down every time I saw a woman begging while she tied a baby to her waist. I only had 1 question, why not me??

I wouldn't call myself religious, I still quote the reason of psychological than religion when people ask why I don't try meat. I don't preach religion, nor do I judgle people on caste. 

This has been my opinion since childhood, hence the belief of Mannat applied to every shrine across, from Tirupathi, Mantralaya, kukke, Ajmer Dargah, Haji Ali or St Philomenas church. I did not miss even one asking for my wish to be granted. 

I am educated, I believe in science. I believe in scientific reason justifying the religious practices, however a belief which keeps you going, which lets you live with hope can't be harmful. 

My Mannat across all the above shrines was the belief/faith in a magical wand that would go round and make my wish come true kind. 

There was no other joy I wanted. Most of them felt pity, while few suggested adoption. It's not just the kid in my life that mattered, I wanted to experience the precious 9 months of creating a human inside my womb. I did not give up. My family, my husband, my in laws watched me go crazy at times when I broke down and yet supported me to stay strong.. My inability made me more guilty of the void in my life. 

It all seems a distant past now when I see Sia sitting next to me and shouts 'mamma Salman Khan'. I suddenly realised how did I stop living the joy I wished for constantly across all this shrines. How did the biggest joy of my life took a backseat while I started cribbing on mere issues of life. 

Guess it's time to be grateful, for the n number mannats which fortunately co incided with my health to make my wish come true, thankful to all those who stood by me during my worst and continue to wish for my best. 

Small joys are meant to be cherished while being grateful to the joy which was unexpectedly thrown at you. 

A revelation indeed! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Actually....

Its been a while since I started all over again on my prem kahani, however I still wish to pen it and publish the same some day. So all you guys who know will know the story below, memories are always cherished better when they are documented. "Ek Ladki thi deewani se, ek ladke pe woh marthi thi", very filmi but every girl dreams of having a love which resembles Yash Chopra movies for sure. I too dreamt, day and night, comparing every guy in the school and judging his qualities against the mushy romantic bollywood heroes. I even had a number of crushes, for a sole reason that either their hairstyle/life style/dressing sense/bike/accent matched one of the heroes. For example, a guy in 7th had Akshay Kumar looks so he was flirt worthy(Not that I flirted with him!!), a guy in High School resembled Vivan Bhatia and another one he wore glasses which Hrithik wore in Kaho naa pyar hai! But above a best friend is someone who you always look out for, So I too had one during my schoo

Floating Thoughts...

There are many instances which we want to revisit in Life. We do that by recalling memories, the same instances brings smile, tears & a satisfaction over what you have lived. In the journey of life, you make acquaintances, friendship, relationship, love, commitment & sacrifices, need not be in the same order though. But being an Arian, I always cherish the "Me" time, time with self. Introspection, just to ponder over thoughts which has been disturbing for a while. I have always been termed as selfish, I accept it with arrogance. Aren't we all the same. We need right people at the right time. I call few when I am low, whom I might never call to share the greatest joy (For joy we just look to the person next to us because no one regrets being a part of it). I do the same. On every yearly occasion, like New Year, Birthdays, Valentines Day, Anniversary I look back over the past and wonder how I have improved. Have I learnt the lesson of being dependent on people

Give it all

This post is very close to my heart. Initially I thought I should write about us, about women, about appreciating being a woman! However every time I post a pic or a staus, many like them, few comment on them and few even text me to say they are happy for me and  how perfect my life is. Well sorry to burst the bubble, my life has never been perfect. Yes, I have been on exotic holidays, moved abroad, dress up everyday as if I am will be walking on the ramp any moment. But, its not hunky dory life. Apart from my childhood, which I would say was no less than nightmares at times, it contributed to what I am today. No, I wouldn't discuss my trauma and attribute everything to it and cry my heart out. My hardship days as a kid was a reason I wanted to be a strong headed woman, yes I did attempt and I am still not sure if I ever could be tagged under that title. Before you start pitying, I should tell you guys that majority of my friends have been through a phase which would be term